CPR AND AED
(2 Year Certification) – Same Day Certification Card!
Recommended for: Laypeople, Security Guards, Yoga instructors, Fitness Trainers and Teachers.
The CPR and AED Class covers:
- How to Administer Adult, Child and Infant CPR
- How to Use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and Special Considerations
- How to Assist Conscious and Unconscious Choking Victims
**This class fulfills the CPR requirement for the California Teaching Credential
**This class is NOT for Daycare Providers, Preschool Teachers or Bus Drivers (Please take our Pediatric First Aid and CPR Course)
**This class is NOT for Healthcare Providers (Please take our BLS course if you are in healthcare!)
Class Running Time: Approximately 2.5 Hours
Click on a class below to enroll
WHY SHOULD I GET CPR CERTIFIED?
CPR, short for cardiopulmonary resuscitation, is a process that uses chest compressions and artificial ventilation deliver oxygen to the brain in an individual who is not breathing and/or has suffered cardiac arrest. Knowing how to perform CPR in the event of an emergency can save a person who has stopped breathing from severe brain damage or even death. Having a CPR certification can also help you earn a position a medical professional, childcare specialist, or personal trainer.
DO NURSES IN LOS ANGELES NEED CPR CERTIFICATION?
Yes, all nurses working in Los Angeles must be CPR certified, however they need BLS for Healthcare Provider class instead of our standard CPR class.
DO HOSPITALS ACCEPT ONLINE CPR CERTIFICATION?
Any hospital that Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations (which is virtually all of them) will not accept an online CPR certification. Instead, most hospitals will look for accredited CPR certifications through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross, which cannot be obtained online. If you are wondering why this is, stop to think for a moment about CPR. It is a physical process the involves chest compression and often artificial ventilation. Learning these techniques in an observed environment with hands-on practice and instruction is by far the best way to master them and correctly employ them when it counts.
DO CPR CERTIFICATIONS EXPIRE?
Yes, CPR certifications issued by the American Red Cross, American Safety and Health Institute, and the American Heart Association do expire. Certifications from all organizations must be renewed every 2 years to stay valid.
WHERE CAN I FIND SAME-DAY CPR CERTIFICATION IN LOS ANGELES?
Sometimes, scheduling CPR certification needs to happen the very same day. If your schedule is this tight, your list of high-quality providers shortens considerably. To keep you covered, our team here at SureFire CPR proudly offers same-day certification courses in Los Angeles and surrounding regions. You can learn more about our courses below.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR CPR TRAINING COURSE
Our CPR training class emphasizes the following topics:
- CPR: Teaches students to administer hands-only and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to adults, children, and infants.
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Use: Offers insights into AEDs, how they work, where to find them and how to use them during cardiac emergencies.
- Choking Emergencies: Explains how to aid choking victims until advanced medical personnel are available.
Our classes for CPR certification class requires approximately three hours to complete, and they are designed for people of all ages and skills levels. Upon successful completion of the course, each student receives a certification card that stays valid for two years.
Why Should You Enroll in CPR Training at Surefire CPR?
Common reasons why people sign up for our CPR certification classes include:
- Convenience: We offer classes at different times and days during the week, making it easy for people to become CPR-certified at their convenience.
- Expertise: Our instructors consist of EMTs, paramedics, registered nurses (RNs), firefighters and other emergency responders who have performed CPR and teach students everything they need to know about how to perform CPR in real life.
- Interactive Learning Experience: We use a combination of hands-on and classroom lessons to teach students how to perform life-saving techniques.
- Instant Certification: We provide students with a CPR certification card the same day that they finish their training.
SureFire CPR takes the guesswork out of CPR certification. By enrolling in one of our CPR classes, people can obtain the skills that they need to deliver critical assistance in cardiac emergencies.
Ready to sign up for classes for CPR certification in Los Angeles? To find out more about SureFire CPR and our CPR training courses in Los Angeles, please contact us today at (888) 277-3143.