Being responsible for an automated external defibrillator (AED) can be a big undertaking. Having an AED at your organization goes far beyond the initial purchase: it’s crucial that you keep the device in good condition and safe to use 24/7 because you never know when an emergency might occur.
From regular inspections to component replacement, there is a lot that goes into keeping an AED fully functional. And, regular AED maintenance and upkeep is more than just an important safety precaution: you’re also legally obligated to keep your AED operational. However, it can be difficult to keep track of it all, especially if you have multiple AEDs to maintain.
To make it easier, many AED owners opt for an AED compliance management system. An AED management service like SureFire CPR’s will keep track of all of the information and requirements so that you can keep your AED compliant, hassle-free.
What are the benefits of an AED management program?
Every AED owner can benefit from AED program management. You’ll gain peace of mind knowing that everything is taken care of and your AED meets every requirement, without any guesswork.
There are countless benefits to working with an AED service company, including…
- AED expiration tracking: AEDs are extremely powerful devices, but they don’t last forever. AED batteries and pads can expire, so AED owners need to keep track of these expiration dates. AED management will alert you when an expiration date is approaching so that you can replace expiring components.
- AED inspection: It’s essential that AEDs are regularly inspected to make sure they are in good condition. AED program management can remind you to perform AED inspection and help you log inspection dates.
- Device management: If your facility has dozens of AEDs, each with different expiration dates and locations, it can be incredibly difficult to keep tabs on every single device. AED management can help properties with multiple AEDs can keep track of each device’s condition, location, and other relevant information.
- Ensure legal compliance: Did you know that each state has its own AED codes and requirements? If you need help keeping track of the requirements for owning an AED in your state, SureFire CPR’s AED plan can help. We will check that you’re following local AED laws to avoid any legal issues.
- User training: An AED is only as effective as the user’s ability to operate it. AED management can help you ensure that everyone receives training so that they are able to use an AED safely and effectively. SureFire CPR’s CPR certification classes are a great way to learn proper AED usage and gain hands-on practice.
- AED owner resources: AED ownership can feel like a burden, but having an emergency with no AED available could be the difference between life and death. Having an AED management program will save you time and headaches that can result from trying to do it all yourself. SureFire CPR’s AED management team will answer any questions you have and help make sure your AED is always ready to go should you need it.
AED Program Management From SureFire CPR
Overwhelmed by AED maintenance? We’re here to help! SureFire CPR’s AED Program Management and AED Compliance make it easy to maintain your AED. Our team of AED experts can help guide you through the AED ownership process.
If you’d like more information about AED program management or any of our other services, please reach out. You can contact us through our online form or by phone at (888) 277-3143.